MSLP + 10m wind barbs + 6hr total precip.
run = (latest)
6hr total precip in mm
- Availability generally reliable but not guaranteed!
- All times in UTC - always check validity timestamp!
- Runtime displayed between run step buttons below map
- Validity time displayed in map caption
- Validity timeis accurate, but H+xx prog offset is assumed based on existence/number of images
- Maps show MSLP (2hPa contour), previous 6 hour rain total (see key) and 10m wind barbs
- First image at H+0 never contains rain (no previous period to sum over)
- H+6 also missing rain (since GFS upgrade in Jun 2019), H+12 shows 12 hour accumulation!
- Maps are 6 hourly out to 10 days (H+240)
- Updates 4x/day soon after 05/11/17/23 UTC (ie 5/11 am/pm NZST or 6/12 am/pm NZDT)
- Step controls immediately below map allow stepping forward/back in intervals of 6/12/24 hours
- Run controls below map allow access to previous 3 runs (4 in total)
- Validity time retained if possible when stepping between runs
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Step -/+ 6hr = keypad 1/3 or keyboard </>
Step -/+ 12hr = keypad 4/6 or keyboard k/l
Step -/+ 24hr = keypad 7/9 or keyboard i/o
Reset to H+0 = keypad 0 or keyboard s
Step prev/next run = keypad -/+ or keyboard a/d
Questions or suggestions? Send a tweet to @chrisnoble_nz or get in touch via my contact form